Eid-ul-Adha 2020 in India will begin in the evening of
Thursday, 30 July
and ends in the evening of
Friday, 31 July
|Eid-ul-Adha 2019||Monday, August 12, 2019|
|Eid ul-Fitr 2020||Friday, July 31, 2020|
|Eid-ul-Adha 2021||Tuesday, July 20, 2021|
|Eid-ul-Adha 2022||Saturday, July 10, 2022|
|Eid-ul-Adha 2023||Wednesday, June 29, 2023|
|Eid-ul-Adha 2024||Sunday, June 17, 2024|
Every Muslim ought to perform these duties regardless of where they live and their social repute.
The "Five Pillars of Islam" are:
| ||Shahada||Testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah & Muhammad is his Messenger|
| ||Salah||Offering Salah (prayer) five times a day|
| ||Zakat||Paying the Zakat(giving alms or charity)|
| ||Hajj||Going to pilgrimage to the House of Allah at Makkah.|
| ||Fasting||Fasting in the month of the Ramadan|
La ila-ha ill-lal-lah. Allaho-Akber, Allaho-Akber. Wa-lilahill hamd"
Means, "Allah is great, Allah is great. There is no god but Allah. Allah is great, Allah is great. And all praises are for Allah" is recited to honor and glorify the greatness of Allah.
Method of Eid Prayers
(This method is based on Hanfi school of Islamic method which is followed by about 75% Muslims in the world)
- Follow the Imam by raising both hands up to the ears, say Allahu Akbar, this is the first Takbeer to enter in the Salat.
- Then fold your hands in the front and recite the ‘Sanaa', subhaanakallahumma... till the end.
- Then say Allahu Akbar thrice, following you imam, each time raising both hands up to the ears and droping them. After each takbeer there is going to be a slight pause in which Subhanallah may be recited thrice.
- After the third takbeer the hands should be folded in front and listen to the imam reciting Aoozubillah, Bismillah, Surah Fateha and some other Surah and Perform Ruku as Imam says Allahu Akbar
- Go to Sajdah as usual following your imams takbeer.
- In the second rakaat imam will first recite Surah Fateha and some other Surah, then will say three takbeers after it.
- Hands will not to be folded in all these three takbeers but dropped after each takbeer.
- Then go into the Ruku just after the fourth takbeer.
- Listening to Khutbah after the Eid Salaat is Wajib.
تَقَبَّلَ اللهُ مِنَّا وَمِنكُم
Means- May Allah accept from you and us
Taqaballahu minna wa minkum