Eid ul-Fitr 2020
Eid ul-Fitr 2020 in India will begin in the evening of
Sunday, 24 May
and ends in the evening of
Monday, 25 May
|Eid ul-Fitr 2019||Wednesday, June 05, 2019|
|Eid ul-Fitr 2020||Monday, May 25, 2020|
|Eid ul-Fitr 2021||Thursday, May 13, 2021|
|Eid ul-Fitr 2022||Tuesday, May 03, 2022|
|Eid ul-Fitr 2023||Saturday, April 22, 2023|
|Eid ul-Fitr 2024||Wednesday, April 10, 2024|
Every Muslim ought to perform these duties regardless of where they live and their social repute.
The "Five Pillars of Islam" are:
| ||Shahada||Testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah & Muhammad is his Messenger|
| ||Salah||Offering Salah (prayer) five times a day|
| ||Zakat||Paying the Zakat(giving alms or charity)|
| ||Hajj||Going to pilgrimage to the House of Allah at Makkah.|
| ||Fasting||Fasting in the month of the Ramadan|
La ila-ha ill-lal-lah. Allaho-Akber, Allaho-Akber. Wa-lilahill hamd"
Means, "Allah is great, Allah is great. There is no god but Allah. Allah is great, Allah is great. And all praises are for Allah" is recited to honor and glorify the greatness of Allah.
Method of Eid Prayers
(This method is based on Hanfi school of Islamic method which is followed by about 75% Muslims in the world)
- Follow the Imam by raising both hands up to the ears, say Allahu Akbar, this is the first Takbeer to enter in the Salat.
- Then fold your hands in the front and recite the ‘Sanaa', subhaanakallahumma... till the end.
- Then say Allahu Akbar thrice, following you imam, each time raising both hands up to the ears and droping them. After each takbeer there is going to be a slight pause in which Subhanallah may be recited thrice.
- After the third takbeer the hands should be folded in front and listen to the imam reciting Aoozubillah, Bismillah, Surah Fateha and some other Surah and Perform Ruku as Imam says Allahu Akbar
- Go to Sajdah as usual following your imams takbeer.
- In the second rakaat imam will first recite Surah Fateha and some other Surah, then will say three takbeers after it.
- Hands will not to be folded in all these three takbeers but dropped after each takbeer.
- Then go into the Ruku just after the fourth takbeer.
- Listening to Khutbah after the Eid Salaat is Wajib.
تَقَبَّلَ اللهُ مِنَّا وَمِنكُم
Means- May Allah accept from you and us
Taqaballahu minna wa minkum
Eid-ul-Fitr brings with itself thousands of reasons to celebrate and rejoice in the glory of Allah. It’s time to meet friends, family and relatives and celebrate and share joy. And nothing’s like the delicious and scrumptious food to treat our self and our loved ones. This festive month try some absolutely marvelous dishes for your friends, families and relatives.
- Sewaiyan 1/2 Kilogram (vermicelli)
- Khoya 1/2 Kilogram (made from milk)
- Sugar 900 Gram
- Cardamoms 25 , powdered
- Milk 300 Gram (1 Glass)
- Pure ghee 250 Gram
- Mix chopped dry fruit 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Water 1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs), 1 1/2 glass - to prepare sugar syrup /chashni
- First heat ghee in a pan add crushed sewainyan ( varmicelies) in it and fry it low flame, after few minutes add chopped dry fruits in it and fry it more minutes
- Remove pan from flame.
- Now Khoya sorte in low flame for few minutes in another pan and add in the sewaiyan.
- Prepare sugar syrup ( add water in sugar and cook it) in another pan.
- Now add milk in fried sewaiyan and put it on low flame for 5-7 min.
- And the end add sugar syrup in sewainyan and keep it low flame 5-7 min.
- Now the dish is ready, serve it garnish with chopped dry fruit
- ½ kg Boneless mutton.
- ½ tbsp cumin
- Coconut paste. (½ cup)
- 1 tbsp Ginger paste
- 1 tbsp Garlic paste
- Onions. (Finely chopped 1 cup)
- Poppy seed paste. (½ cup)
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- 2 Bay leaves
- 6-8 Cloves
- Nutmeg powder
- 6-8 Green elaichi
- Cinnamon sticks
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Roast dry cloves, elaichi, jeera, cinnamon sticks and nutmeg powder and then ground them to a fine paste
- Heat some oil in a saucepan
- Put oil in a pan, heat it and fry onions till they turn golden brown
- When onion change to golden brown, add ginger, turmeric powder and the garlic paste
- Add the ground masala, red chili, salt to taste and boneless mutton to the saucepan
- Pour some water and boil till the mutton becomes tender
- Add the paste of poppy seeds and coconut paste along with the roasted coriander powder Boil for another ten minutes. Garnish with coconut paste and serve hot
Eid-ul-Fitr is the time when Muslims send their warm wishes to their dear ones, and offer them gifts as a token of their love. So, here's a list of some of the most ideal Eid gift ideas to pick from, for your loved ones.
An important aspect of Eid celebrations is the customary exchange of thoughtful gifts among loved ones. Since the festival of Eid is around, we are sharing with you some exciting gift ideas for your dear ones!